Shipping your new purchases is fast and easy at Union Hill Antique Tools. If your purchase was more than $299 and less than 20 pounds in weight, it will be shipped free to your specified address and will include insurance to that address. If your purchase totaled under $299 or is over 20 pounds in weight, then you should have seen a shipping quote during cart checkout. This quote comes directly from the USPS and is not something I control.
I generally use the United States Postal Service for most shipments, but sometimes it is more inexpensive to use UPS, Fedex, or another carrier. For very large or heavy items you will be responsible for arranging transport. I can help load the item when your designated carrier arrives here. Terms for these large shipments are FOB (Freight on Board) -- meaning you are responsible once the item leaves my loading dock. If you want insurance, you should arrange that with your carrier of choice. See my FAQ page for more details.
The return policy at Union Hill Antique Tools is also very simple. You have 7 days after receipt of the item to return it. After seven days I don't accept returns unless there is a very strange situation (my judgement on that). I try to play fair and have only had one tool returned to me since 1995 -- and that experience leads me to the next point about returns:
All returned items must arrive back in the same condition, and with the same parts, finishes, and patina as when I shipped it out. The one tool returned was by someone who stripped the authentic, original parts from a plane and returned it with reproduction parts.
In addition to the payment options offered directly in the shopping cart checkout, I also offer a layaway (or payment over time) option. The way this works is:
1. You select a tool you'd like to own.
2. You send me an email message letting me know you'd like to purchase it using the layaway option, and how many months you would like to complete payments.
3. I will remove the tool from the web site listings upon receipt of the down payment. The down payment should be 25% of the tool's selling price.
4. Once the down payment is received, I hold the tool for you until payments are completed. You can pay faster than agreed if you like, meaning you will receive the tool sooner. If you miss or stop payments, then the tool is put back on the web site for general sale and previous payments are forfeited.
5. The tool remains my property until the final payment is made. Then I ship it to you per my usual shipping methods. You still get the advantage of free shipping over $299 and less than 20 pounds if your order would normally qualify for that.